Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Painting the Dog House and Getting A New Dog



Five days ago we got a dog. Her name is Dolce. I was so excited. She is super sweet because she always lets us pets her tummy, and she will let me feed her with my hand without biting me.

Yesterday we got our dog house from the post office. It was a huge box and hard to fit in our car trunk. It was so fun because my dad let me paint it with my sister. My mom picked the colors from dad's leftover paint supply. 

When we take Dolce on a walk, she tries to sniff every little thing, and if there is a little dog, she will start barking rapidly and try to get to the dog immediately and not stop trying. If there is a big dog, she tries to go behind you and tries to run away. Yesterday, we introduced Dolce to a great dane named Emmie. Then Dolce was very shy and it took a while for the dogs to touch. 

My fig tree has at least 26 figs and some of them are about the size of a quarter. They aren't purple yet, but they are green and starting to have some stripes. 

I got a tomato plant from Walmart a few weeks ago. I planted it in my back yard. It has some flowers now and it will have some little yellow tomatoes that will be about two inches and look like little pear when they are ripe. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Abby! What great pictures of Dulce, the fig tree, and your garden. We really enjoyed seeing the big figs. We have figs coming on our tree now. Really sweet in August. Love, Grandpa Cox

Robin said...

Hi Abby, I love reading about how Dulce acts around different dogs! that's so cute. And it's great to see how the fig tree is really thriving! It looks just like ours! I didn't realize the figs on our tree were ready, but yesterday when I was out there trimming the rose bushes by the fence, I stepped on one!! Yuck. It got all over my little toe! So I think we need to go pick some today. I love seeing your soccer pictures too, by the way. You look awesome.
Love you...
Grandma C.